Stretch your mind and your ability to organize your space, your belongings, your time, and your thoughts. Allison Carter, The Professional Organizer, posts her thoughts, breakthroughs, frustrations, and memorable moments as an organizer. Allison also shares tricks that have worked for even some of the most disorganized people to conquer their clutter. Other features: Tips, mind stretches, favorite products, favorite books, and other tools to help people get organized.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Trouble with Cables

I've been fighting cable clutter for years. I have never found anything to deal with the cords around my desk from:
Computer, Monitor, Printer, External Hard Drive,
Modem, Router, Phone.
Every one of them has a power cord and connector cord.
So I decided to finally tackle it after reading some blog posts earlier this year about the Signum from Ikea


So I got down and dirty with the cords.
Got to be Handy Gal and break out the drill. rrrrrrrrr.
I intalled it and Voila....
not so great.
It just doesn't work unless you can get the uninterruptible power supply off the floor.
Mine weighs about 45 pounds I think.
It totally stinks not having it look completely cable free.
If you want to see an awesome job deleting creepy cables, check this out, from John Trosko's blog.
I love John's work and blog and I visit his site a lot cuz he makes organizing FUN.




No comments: